Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Maybe they should rename it Duckin' Donuts.

I've never understood the appeal of Rachel Ray. She's one of those personalities who rubs me the wrong way. But this story from The Boston Herald mystifies me.

Seems the black & white scarf picked by a stylist at the shoot for the online ad reminded conservative commentator Michelle Malkin of the checkered kaffiyeh, the traditional Palestinian scarf sported by Yasser Arafat. Forget that the scarf worn by Ms. Ray is paisley in pattern.

So under threat of online assault by extremist critics, the folks at Dunkin pulled the ad. Wrong? Right? I don't know, honestly. But I'm saddened by it, I do know that.

I'd say "Grow some cojones, Dunkin," but that just reminds me of donut holes. And that only leaves me sad and hungry.

No comments: