Friday, February 8, 2008

OMG, my daughter is going to be ROTFLOL.

If you have a teenage girl in the house, like I do, you know this to be true: ichat and tv watching go together like oreos and peanut butter. It's a teen girl thing.

So this article about Apple seeking a patent for an ichat widget associated with certain TV content (delivered via AppleTV) hints at an easy to see future media mashup. TV watching as social activity is nothing new. And it's so easy and cool to envision my daughter picking up the wireless keyboard, switching on the LCD TV on the wall, firing up the ichat widget, and chatting through the next episode of Desperate Housewives or Family Guy with her social gang.

Reminds me of the first time I watched my son playing online battle games with onboard chat. Brings a whole new human dynamic to the action.

No comments: