Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hannah Montana makes off with my jeans.

There I was, just minding my own business and updating my calendar, when I noticed that both Disney, proud parent of Hannah, and VF Corp, maker of Wrangler and North Face brands, are set to hold earnings calls at 4:30 today.

And, okay, I admit it. I'm one of those dweebs who actually enjoys listening in on conference calls. It's one of the few ways that you can, if you work at it, glean some inkling of conviction or passion in the leadership of a brand's management; most often from the tone to the responses in the Q&A rather than the canned portion. Blame it on all my years of working in recording studios. At any rate, it works for me.

I suppose I could replay one of the calls later...but, where's the sport in that?! In honor of the players, I should really set up both laptops to stream feeds and just do my best impression of Jack-Jack in The Incredibles, legs all ablur, running back and forth between them. Yeah, that sounds like the solution.

No comments: