Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Watching the ant farm.

Got knocked to the canvas a couple of times this morning, but then the beating subsided, and I decided, while down there, to take the opportunity to quietly observe the manic action swirling through the market (via my holdings, anyway). Immediate objservation was that with all the bashing and bloodying going on, there were clear signals of strength/demand in BB&T, Best Buy and VF Corp.

With that, and the anticipation of a strong, strong report from Apple tonight, I"m feeling pretty good about the resilience. Not being a pollyanna about it, mind you. I'd expect these lows to continue being tested for a while. But I'm feeling some real strength in the reaction at present. Speaking of which, Chipotle just came back into the green as I was typing. Good signs.

No comments: