Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This is not Warhol's best work.







I was talking with friends over the weekend about archiving and was reminded of the extraordinary, unexpected revelation that I experienced last year when I ventured down to Pittsburgh to visit the Warhol Museum. If you haven't been, go. It's always worth a trip to such a collection, where you can immerse yourself in not just a few pieces or a period or two, but an entire life's work. But I ramble. The point I wanted to make is that Warhol did some amazing things throughout his career. However, one that I was totally unaware of was his Google-like archiving of pop culture. You can read about it here. In fact, I'd love to see Google get involved and bring this archive out of the shadows, making it accessible online. Imagine, 8,000 cubic feet of pop culture, visually archived and searchable.

No comments: